What I Wore:
Shirt: NY&Co - $20 (giftcarded)
Belt: Anthro via eBay - $33
Skirt: Target - $16
Shoes: H&M - $25
Necklace: Francesca's - $24
So I thought I would wear a really simple and easy outfit today, but I very quickly learned that it's really not easy being green.
1. I snapped one picture and my camera died (battery again because I'm the worst at charging my electronics).
2. When I loaded the picture on my computer, I realized that I completely camouflaged against my white board. Oops times two. I guess people typically worry about blending in with their surroundings when they wear green, but teachers have an oddly hilarious issue to worry about -- floating head on whiteboard syndrome? (I'm having some "Scrubs" flashbacks...headless doctor, anyone?)
3. I'm just generally not a fan of this picture, but I liked this outfit, so I posted it anyway.
4. Today, a sweet co-worker told me that she loves my sense of style and that I'm a regular "fashion plate." I couldn't help if she thought I looked like a plate of salad with all the greens I had going on...
5. During a deep and thoughtful (and fun) conversation at dinner, I managed to drip tomato soup onto my white button down. Goody. Thankfully, I am aware of my complete lack of hand-eye-spoon-mouth co-ordination and I carry a Tide to Go pen with me at all times. Crisis avoided.
Perhaps my subconscious has the secret gift of telling the future, and chose to wear a non-complicated outfit for an otherwise complicated day. Who knows what the day will hold when I get dressed in the morning, right?